• “A better doctrine must be possible; not a mere compromise, by splitting the difference between the two, but something wider than either, which, in virtue of its superior comprehensiveness, might be adopted by either Liberal or Conservative without renouncing anything which he really feels to be valuable in his own creed.” Continue reading MILL: Representative Government [Ch. 1-6]
Introduction to the Science of Right
General Definitions and Divisions
- What the Science of Right is.
o The Science of Right is the theoretical knowledge of right and law. It is from this science that all practical legislation is derived by jurists and lawgivers. Continue reading KANT: Science of Right
• Chapter 1 – Of Words or Language in General
• God fashioned man for a sociable animal. Language is the instrument and common tie of society.
• Men used articulate sounds to represent internal conceptions that could be conveyed to one another. Continue reading LOCKE: An Essay Concerning Human Understanding [Book III, Ch. 1-3, 9-11]